Summer School in Interlingual Respeaking for language professionals
23-25 September 2022
We are recruiting language professionals to participate in a free 3-day course, in-person, at the Centre for Translation Studies, University of Surrey (Guildford, UK).
The Summer School will guide learners through the tasks required for respeaking, where people create live subtitles using speech recognition software. It is an ideal opportunity for language professionals who wish to add interlingual respeaking skills to their portfolio.
To take part you need:
- 4,000 hrs+ of professional experience in translation, interpreting and/or (live) subtitling
- a language combination of English AND either French, Italian or Spanish
By taking part you will:
- Learn how to use state of the art speech recognition technology
- Receive training in both intra and interlingual respeaking
- Acquire new skills and an understanding of what interlingual respeaking involves
- Build on your existing skills and take them in a new direction
- Contribute to the development of interlingual respeaking research and training
- Connect with access and language service providers